Social Committee meeting minutes 6/26/19

General updates

  • No event plans that need to be carried over from last term
  • Jackie will meet with Alexandros for transition meeting and receive current Social budget
  • Need someone to go to the budget committee (Marta volunteered)
  • Need someone for Gradiators - Jackie will bother Konrad
  • Need someone for Formal - ???
  • Jackie will add people to slack - including everyone on mailing list
  • Recruiting
    • Orientation event with GSC just before bar crawl
    • All grads email?
    • International student orientation
    • Offer to help provide manpower for URM event at orientation (diversity committee)

Events & other plans

  • August GUSH? (BBQ)
  • Formal:
    • Support for contracts
    • Jackie to arrange a meeting with Dean McAnulty, open up to anyone who is interested in or has previously run formal
  • Reina‚Äôs ideas (emailed beforehand):
    • BBQ event (4th july)
    • Pool party event
      • Is alcohol/food around the pool a possibility?
      • Rent out whole thing?
      • september/late august?
  • Halloween
    • Need someone to take over bc Jackie will be away
    • TBD
  • 4th of July - Alexandros & Jackie
    • Millikan Pond again?
    • Jackie will contact people about Millikan Pond again
    • 12th of July for staffing reasons?
    • Alexandros & Jackie food things the day of/before with a keg & cups
    • Beach chairs/blow up things/ect in the shed thanks to MHF funding last year
    • Advertise with an email next week (after confirming availability of space)
    • Need people to volunteer for setup and clean up